The PEG family of products are designed for embedded systems. PEG+ and PEG Pro support windowing on full size screens and C++.
PEG+ has a small footprint, high performance, and event-driven programming model, which make it perfect for today's multi-threaded embedded applications using LCD and video displays and controllers. PEG+ offers a C++ class library consisting of over 80 object types, and it comes with drivers for a large number of video and LCD controllers. It has been ported to a large number of processors, and is easily portable to other hardware.
PEG+ has an event driven model that supports many types of input devices, such as mice, keyboards, touch screens, buttons, and soft buttons. Detected movement or touch of one of these is an event that can be channeled to a waiting task. Multiple tasks can control windows and display objects within windows simultaneously.
PEG+ includes a set of development tools that make the job of creating a user interface much easier. WindowBuilder is a drag and drop utility that creates source code automatically. The FontCapture utility allows capturing standard (e.g. TrueType) or custom fonts and converting them to compressed bitmaps that are linked with the application code and save memory space. The ImageConvert utility does the same for images. These tools greatly reduce development time and permit creating professional-quality GUIs for embedded products.
Want more information?
PEG Pro enables the design of sophisticated embedded graphics by supporting the key features and advanced
applications demanded by interactive devices such as navigation systems, cell phones, gaming systems and medical
PEG Pro accelerates product delivery by providing robust functionality such as drag-and-drop visual development
tools and the ability to begin development on a Windows or Linux platform. Key features include unlimited
graphics layers, per-pixel and per-layer alpha blending, bitmap rotation and scaling, screen transitions, text
rotation and complete anti-aliasing of all drawing primitives. In addition, PEG Pro provides run-time selection of themes to allow end-users to tailor their experience. PEG Pro supports a wide range of color depths up to 32 bits per pixel (bpp).
Want more information?
To learn more about PEG GUI products see:
- PEG+ Datasheet
- PEG Pro Datasheet
- PEG Demos
- Evaluation Kits
Register now for more information and to be contacted by a product expert. Registration also enables us to mail you printed literature and is necessary to qualify for a free evaluation kit.
||Register for More Info
- Designed specifically for embedded systems
- Powerful development tools
- Small footprint – 170K code, 4K stack, 16K RAM for full-featured GUI
- Completely ROMable
- Full C++ source code included
- Extensive library of GUI objects
- Viewports and overlapped top-level windows.
- 64K colors and higher
- Automatic horizontal and vertical scrolling of client areas.
- ZIP and UNZIP run-time compression/decompression
- BMP, GIF, JPEG, and PNG run-time image decoders.
- Charting widgets
- HMI widget set
- Docking MenuBar, ToolBar, StatusBar
- Spreadsheet control
- HTML table style control
- Run-time string resource installation (i.e. loadable language modules)
- UNICODE support
- Fast – interacts directly with video and input hardware
- Supports popular target processors, video controllers, and I/O devices
- Easy to port to new hardware. Screen driver templates included
- Event-driven programming model – familiar to Windows developers
- Use PC to design GUI before target hardware is ready
- Low cost and royalty free
- Ported to SMX®
- Runs stand-alone, or easily portable to other RTOSs
|PEG Pro Features
- All features of PEG+
- Small footprint – 240K code, 8K stack, 32K RAM for full-featured GUI
- Support for multiple hardware graphics layers
- True anti-alias line and font drawing
- Per-pixel alpha-blending
- Run-time “theme” support
- Screen transition effects – slide-in, wipe, fade
- Complete multi-language support, including UNICODE